Thursday, June 3, 2010

Not Head-Smashed-In


So Mr. Creepers and I are in Buffalo safe and sound. The only thing I know about Buffalo is that they are home to the Buffalo Sabres of the NHL and the Buffalo Bills of the NHL. That, and the proximity to the Canadian border. I don't even know why Buffalo is actually called Buffalo. I'm not sure anybody does. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost years ago. Seriously, according to Wikipedia "the name "Buffalo" is a corruption of the French phrase beau fleuve, "beautiful river.." But, they also say that nobody actually really knows. The one thing they do know is that there were never any bison in the area.So besides that, aside from learning about gas shales and being served Labbatt Blue,
the only beer being served, I'm off with my cool friend try some other beverages. And, yes, he is that cool all the time.
*** Back from wing night - tomorrow will be the night we'll go to the original Buffalo wing place, The Anchor! ***

By the way, it seems everyone is cool in Buffalo.



No comments:

Post a Comment